Team Happy Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt non-profit.
Since December 2005, we’ve achieved the following milestones:
– Volunteered 45,000 hours rebuilding homes in New Orleans
– Delivered 3,000 emergency blankets to regional shelters as well as hospitals in Haiti
– Taught 4,000 youth at 50 schools how to build a disaster kit
– Awarded 3,000 new THF books to children and families of limited resources
– Trained 3,600 Louisiana inmates on effective re-entry strategies
– Published four acclaimed children’s books with volunteer editors and illustrators
– Mentored, coached, and sponsored middle school sports teams from 2009 to 2014
We have one mission: to inspire the next generation of first responders through education, mentorship, and advocacy. We believe that youth can be a catalyst toward engendering a society that more actively embraces hurricane preparedness and wetlands restoration.
Our purpose is to develop civic leadership through literacy programs. We create award-winning children’s books, educational curricula and mentoring initiatives that enhance individual and community capacity.
Our program priorities are to: (1) Donate new books to kids in-need, (2) Mentor youth and help them prepare for Hurricane Season, (3) Train inmates during job ready and civil rights workshops, (4) Advocate for the restoration of Louisiana wetlands, (5) Deliver humanitarian relief within distressed communities, and (6) Provide annual technology scholarships to foster youth.