Team Happy Foundation (THF) is a 501c3 tax exempt non-profit.
One Mission: Inspire The Next Generation of First Responders.
Since December 2005, our team has achieved the following major accomplishments:
– Served 40,000 volunteer hours toward the reconstruction of New Orleans homes;
– Distributed 3,000 emergency blankets to hospitals and shelters (local and Haiti);
– Awarded 500 new Big Wanda books to children from neighborhoods of limited resources;
– Educated more than 4,000 youth through the THF Youth Preparedness Program;
– Secured tuition fees for one Haitian family in partnership with the Kiwanis Club;
– Mentor, coach, and support the Lions junior league basketball team (2009 – present).
THF Program Priorities: (1) mentor at-risk youth, (2) distribute emergency blankets, and (3) publish children’s books about hurricane preparedness and coastal restoration. Our Purpose is to accelerate Community Resilience, Youth Development, and Family Literacy.
THF produces educational resources, children’s books, and youth mentoring programs as a framework to enhance community capacity. We partner with schools, faith and community organizations, foster care agencies, and business leaders. Program resources are provided at no cost to participating schools and educators, including: local travel for site visits, instructions, and materials used to teach lessons.
Three Ways To Support Our 2013 Goals
1.The Big Wanda Book Giveaway
- June through August: annual book giveaway to increase reading achievement.
– Provides new books to schools, abused children, and foster care families.
– Business sponsorship is available for this program!
2.New Children’s Book: “Backyard Bayou”
– December: publication release date of our second children’s picture book.
– Connects hurricane preparedness and wetlands restoration during a fun adventure.
– Buy a book: proceeds support our mission!
3.Fifth Annual Jazz Half Marathon & 5k
– October: major THF fundraiser.
– Run the race with us this fall!
Click the THF Umbrella® for current opportunities to join our internship program. Review, sign, and return the Organizational MOU & Release From Liability Agreement. After term of completion, interns receive a Letter of Recommendation and Performance Evaluation.
As an intern, your skills will be utilized to educate, empower, and encourage the next generation to pursue lifetime leadership in the safety and sustainability career fields. We believe that youth can be a catalyst for creating a cultural shift that embraces hurricane preparedness and coastal restoration advocacy. Thank you for your time and interest. For additional information, contact us: info@TeamHappy.org or (504)315.5084.